Sea Kayaking Level II Skills
Deep Bay Kayaking is offering the sea kayaking Level 2 Skills course as a Kayak camping expedition to a wilderness destination. This is a comprehensive 7 day course that provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary to go on a multi-day kayak camping trip with a group of your peers.
The focus of this course is:
- improving your paddling strokes to make them as efficient as possible.
- to improve your rescues skills
- improving your directional control strokes so that you will paddle with confidence through narrow rocky channels with waves, current or traversing moderate tidal races.
- introducing you to towing for longer distances, (tow belts are required).
- to expose you to Risk management.
- learning how to efficiently pack a kayak for a multi-day camping trip
- practising your navigation skills to guide the group to a new campsite using only a Marine Chart of the area and a compass.
- setting up a tarps for your tent and the kitchen area.
- learn to tie knots that can easily be undone in a hurry that will be used to setup your own tent and tarp.
There will be two instructors for this course.
Cost for this 7 day course is $650. You will be required to bring your own camping gear and your own food for breakfast and snacks. For supper you will be required to supply one supper meal for at least seven hungry kayakers.
We are now taking bookings for the summer of 2021. The dates would be mid July 2021. Contact us and we will enter your name on the list for next year.